Five short excerpts of some questions I asked from the 8/11/2021 Ajahn Ṭhānissaro Bhikkhu zoom event with Mid-America Buddhist Association about potential paradox with the Cetana Sutta; advice for preserving and/or unifying various Buddhist schools & lineages; strategies for fear of annihilation; on effort involved with vittaka & the relationship with vicara; and if there’sContinue reading “Podcast | Ṭhānissaro Bhikkhu Questions”
This niche topic for empaths, or energetically sensitive beings, encapsulates years of note taking from experience, study and practice, provides nine categories of approach:
1) Gratitude for opportunities
2) Mindfulness (– especially of contact and vēdanā)
3) Hedonic Tone and the Three Characteristics of Existence
4) Self and identification
5) Equanimity and compassion
6) The Four Right Efforts and Five Hinderances
9) Miscellaneous strategies
This irregular “Dharma Questions” series deals with “dharma” meaning both the truth of the nature of reality and some Buddhist teachings. Amongst other things these questions can be:
• thought experiments
• borderline musings not meant to be answered
• from laziness of not contemplating or researching them yet
There’s 19 (groups of) questions. Here’s a sampling of two:
How do sankhārā [formations/mental formations/volitional formations] come from ignorance? What is the process?
How does effort for vitakka wax and wane? How does vitakka turn into, or allow, or go along with vicāra?