For this month’s regular open-audience, open-discussion “Ask Us Anything” — continuing discussions about meditation and related topics — fellow Insight Timer teachers Lydia Grace, Denny and I explore the alignment of intent and impact.
Doing full show notes seems to take (me) a lot of time and energy so I may or may not include full notes later. I welcome any inspired listener(s) to take and send show notes for inclusion here by emailing them to email@example.com.
My notes before the show:
- What is intent/resolve/aspiration/motivation/attitude/sammā-saṅkappa (generating thoughts with intention for progressing on the Eightfold Noble Path) and how does it work? [relinquishment/letting go, freedom from ill will, harmlessness]
- How can one control how one impacts another?
- *Non-Harming* training precept
- What weakens resolve?
- intention affects the nervous system and shapes the mind
- More emphasis on *how*. Intent how? Impact how?
- Request from Denny for teaching on right intent path factor
- Our final impact is likely death of the body so what do we intend to do with this short, precious life?
- https://dharmaseed.org/talks/56147/ Volition – Cetana by Ajahn Punnadhammo
[for previous show, Letting Our Body Talk, in reference to wholesomeness:]
“Come Kalamas. Do not go upon what has been acquired by repeated hearing; nor upon tradition; nor upon rumor; nor upon what is in a scripture; nor upon surmise; nor upon an axiom; nor upon specious reasoning; nor upon a bias towards a notion that has been pondered over; nor upon another’s seeming ability; nor upon the consideration, “The monk is our teacher.” Kalamas, when you yourselves know: “These things are good; these things are not blamable; these things are praised by the wise; undertaken and observed, these things lead to benefit and happiness,” enter on and abide in them.”Excerpt from the Kalama Sutta – The Buddha’s Charter of Free Inquiry
Audio: Impact And Intent | (1/25/2022 — “Ask Us Anything – LIVE” With Denny K Miu And Lydia Grace)
Find and connect with Lydia:
Join Denny live Saturdays online for Yi Jin Jing and mindful joint, stretching, breathing, and qi exercises at 8:00am Pacific via:
Denny’s other links:
- http://dennykmiu.com/Patreon (Dharma Articles and Podcast)
- http://dennykmiu.com/Circle (Insight Timer Circle: Mindfulness Fellowship)
- http://dennykmiu.com/Daily (Daily Practice Video)
- http://dennykmiu.com/AUA (Monthly Online Discussion)
- http://dennykmiu.com/Saturday (Saturday Practice in English)
- http://dennykmiu.com/Exercise (Daily Practice in Cantonese)
- http://dennykmiu.com/Video (Dharma Talks in English)
- http://dennykmiu.com/Metta (Dharma Talks in Cantonese)
Join “Ask Us Anything LIVE” next month, Tuesday February 22, 2022 at 3:00pm Central via:
12 thoughts on “Impact (And/Over) Intent | (1/25/2022 — “Ask Us Anything – LIVE” With Denny K Miu And Lydia Grace)”