This irregular “Dharma Questions” series deals with “dharma” meaning both the truth of the nature of reality and some Buddhist teachings. Please see this post on the intensions for questioning and not questioning. Amongst other things these questions can be:
- thought experiments
- borderline musings not meant to be answered
- from laziness of not contemplating or researching them yet
- How and why does intent work?
- Is retro-causal intention setting possible. If so, is doing so wise and skillful?
- Can intention be amplified and/or intensified?
- Is ignorance the same as unawareness? Do either ignorance or unawareness relate to amount or quality of consciousness?
- If there is no existence on an ultimate level, what changes (i.e., what suffers and is not-self)?
- If there’s (an) intention on why breath is required for life; essential to and for life; and a (near continual) requirement — what is such an intention? Why not require life to do something like rubbing gum drops on your neck in such and such a manner instead of breathing air?
`When one understands the nutriment of mental volition one understands the three forms of ‘thirst’ (taṇhā).’ *
[* S II (PTS), p. 100. The three forms of ‘thirst’ are: (1) Thirst for sense-pleasures,Walpola Rahula – What the Buddha Taught p. 31
(2) Thirst for existence and becoming, and (3) Thirst for non-existence, as given in the definition of samudaya ‘arising of dukkha’..]
UPDATE: The following comes from an archive of a now deleted blog. While much of it seems to run contrary to the above, it’s still interesting enough to repost:
Unity Intention: Tapping massive combined intent
Intent is powerful. Whether we’re aware of it or not, intent underlies nearly everything.
The Upanishads say, “You are what your deepest desire is. As your
desire is, so is your intention. As your intention is, so is your will.
As your will is, so is your deed. As your deed is, so is your destiny.”
Usually discussion of intentions is on an individual level. What would happen if we could sift through every intention ever made, selecting and setting any that resonate with us?
Well some say the Akashic records would hold such information. Even if we can’t read them, just the powerful and simple act of imaging we have access to every intention ever made while also imagining we could set any intention we would approve of. And imagine doing so consciously (even though we may not be conscious of such a process.)
Let’s take it a step further. Imagine this as a spiritual database of sorts. We can access all these intents while adding our every new intention to it. Now imagine charging all those intentions we agree with and set with our signature frequency and energy. We would be sending loving energy to all who choose the same intentions whereby forming connections between people and making mutual intentions more likely to come about. All with imagination.