“There is the case where a monk generates desire, endeavors, activates persistence, upholds & exerts his intent for:
[i] the sake of the non-arising [anuppādāya] of evil, unskillful qualities that have not yet arisen.”
[ii] … the sake of the abandonment [pahānāya] of evil, unskillful qualities that have arisen.”
[iii] … the sake of the arising [uppādāya] of skillful qualities that have not yet arisen.”
[iv] … the maintenance [ṭhitiyā], non-confusion, increase, plenitude, development, & culmination of skillful qualities that have arisen.”Traditional phrase for The Four Right Exertions (cattārimāni sammappadhānāni)
Disclaimer: investigate these questions at the potential risk of wasting: time, serenity, perhaps some sanity and even energy.
- What is energy? How do you know?
- Where and how do you experience energy?
- What kinds, or types of energy are there?
- Why is energy important?
- Where does energy come from? Where does it go?
- What brings energy, in what degrees, and how?
- What drains, or dissipates energy, in what degrees, and how?
- What (all) supports and does not support energy?
- Are there energetic rhythms, patterns, systems, anomalies, cycles, environments/spaces? If so, what differences and similarities exist for each and between and amongst these?
- What blocks and unblocks energy? How?
- How does energy (un)naturally dissipate?
- How is energy (un)naturally stored?
- How do you give away energy and how do you receive energy from others? Why?
- How and why are there seemingly positive, neutral, and negative energies?
- How can energy be transmuted? Why? Transmuted from what to what and what can’t it be transmuted to? Why? When should and shouldn’t it be transmuted?
- Are you craving energy, or craving to release energy? If so, how does this happen?